[MPlayer-users] encoding vobsub subtitles into the movie

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Sun Sep 12 16:53:25 CEST 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 09:01, rcooley wrote:

> Well of course is possible to do, but that doesn't make it easy...

Thanks for your help. Actually I think it is quite easy, it's just not
intuitive that this is how to solve the problem.

There are a few issues, though:
-audiofile doesn't work an ac3-tracks. If I try, mencoder (and also
mplayer) crashes with a segfault. This is not a big problem as audio and
video can be remuxed with avimerge from the transcode package after
encoding.

After remuxing, there were indeed sync-problems, but the delay was the
same through the whole movie, so it could be easily fixed with avisync.

Also I learned the hard way, that one shouldn't forget to pass -nolirc to
the mplayer process that does the frameserving if one intends to watch
another movie while encoding... :-)

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown