[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] VP6 / NSV

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 11 18:52:51 CEST 2004

On 2004.09.11 15:16, rcooley wrote:
> At the request of Reimar Döffinger, here is a bugreport about VP?/NSV
> video.  VP6+AAC video used for this bugreport, but the same problem
> exists with every other VP?VFW.DLL.
>
> This problem disappears when mplayer is compiled with debugging
> enabled,
> so I had to run gdb on mplayer, compiled without debugging info.
>
> Verbose output, gdb output, and system info is attached.

I'm sorry i can't reproduce it.
I tested with pre4, pre5 and current cvs all with no debug, and with
current cvs with --enable-debug=3

Can you please post the md5sum of your vp6 dll? MPlayer supports 3
different version of the dll (they are patched in memory at load time),
but iirc the error for unsupported dll was floating point related, not
sig11.

The error happens inside vp6 dll code.

My dll md5sum is
04d635a364243013898fd09484f913fb  vp6vfw.dll
and it comes form the latest codec package (but it's unchanged since
pre4).

Can you reproduce it with non-nsv file? Maybe it's related to some
BITMAPINFOHEADER field not filled by nsv, that triggers a bug on your
setup.
BTW a patch for the loader (virtualalloc) was committed yesterday
night, did it changed something for you? But probaby it's unrelated to
vp6.

I'm sure Reimar will answer too, he is the author of vp5/6 dll support.

Ciao,
 Roberto