[MPlayer-users] input.c: function mp_input_init ircc_cleanupundeclared

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Sep 11 18:06:39 CEST 2004

On Saturday, 11 September 2004 at 17:55, Carl Karsten wrote:
> > On Saturday, 11 September 2004 at 17:03, Carl Karsten wrote:
> > > cvs -z3 update -dPA
> > > ./configure \
> > >         --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=I810XvMC \
> > >         --enable-gui \
> > >         --enable-linux-devfs \
> > >         --enable-lirc --enable-lircc \
> >
> > Skip the two above and let configure autodetect correct paths.
>
> ok
>
> > Read configure --help and find out what --enable *really* means.
>
> I took all of these right from configure --help - not sure what more
> there is to understand.

You're right, sorry. I guess it's not explicitly documented anywhere.
Basically, --enable-x means "enable x using defaults, don't try to
autodetect". That's why you're almost always better off without any
explicit --enable-x (except those marked as [disabled] by default in
configure). Perhaps you could submit a patch to add this explanation
to (all or any of) configure, README and install.xml?

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/