[MPlayer-users] Problem playing .nsv NullSoft video

Dzon dzon at softhome.net
Fri Sep 10 09:59:26 CEST 2004

> > Mencoder drops some video frames and that results in a/v desync. Is it
> > possible to tell mencoder to drop also audio fragments when dropping video
> > frames to keep sync?
> It drops those frames because it thinks it is neccessary to keep sync.
> You can use -mc 0 to completely stop it from dropping/duplicating frames.

Thanks a lot! Now I am perfectly satisfied.

Now I've got another :) interesting thing:

./configure && make && ./mplayer vid.avi
Opening video decoder: [vfwex] Win32/VfWex video codecs

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your

./configure --enable-debug && make && ./mplayer vid.avi
Works ok!

The avi is at http://www.pikebo.cz/~dzon/vid.avi if interested. 3 Megs.
The source is day-before-yesterday's CVS snapshot, OS RedHat9, essential
codecs.

No problem for me using debug-enabled build, though.

--
                                    -Dzon
                               dzon at softhome.net