[MPlayer-users] countquant.pl : Still uptodate ?

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 13:08:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

 I read the encoding-tips.-txt file in the DOCS directory of the
 mplayer sourcetree and tried it with a divx2pass.log of a recent
 encoding.

 The encoding-tips document say:

   It will print out which quantizer was used how often. If you see that
   e.g. the lowest quantizer (vqmin=2) gets used for > 95% of the frames
   then you can safely increase your picture size.

 But I see all lines of the output of countquant.pl starting with
 q=(something above 189) ?

 I think I misunderstand something wrong here: How should I read the
 output of this perl script correctly ?

 (or is my encoding process that bad ?)

 Kind regards,
 Meino