[MPlayer-users] [bug] mplayer 1.0pre5 stuck in cache fill on mms stream

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sun Sep 5 21:23:04 CEST 2004

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

>> I'm using MPlayer 1.0pre5-3.3.4 to get france-inter's radio stream on
>> internet.
>> But the command:
>> $ mplayer -v -vo null mms://viptvr2.yacast.net/encoderfranceinfo
>> does not work. Mplayer gets to the point of filling the cache, but
>> nothing
>> happens after this step. (Note that this works with mplayer 1.0pre4-3.3.3).
>
> use -playlist. Works at least for me (MPlayer cvs)

Riiiight. It took me a while to figure out why a stream should need a
playlist option...

The trick is that the URL mms://viptvr2.yacast.net/encoderfranceinfo
returns:

  [Reference]
  Ref1=http://viptvr2.yacast.net/encoderfranceinter?MSWMExt=.asf
  Ref2=http://193.201.103.107:80/encoderfranceinter?MSWMExt=.asf

Anyway, the following command works:

  mplayer -vo null -playlist mms://viptvr2.yacast.net/encoderfranceinter

Using http protocol also works and makes the playlist options more
sensible:

  mplayer -vo null -playlist http://viptvr2.yacast.net/encoderfranceinter

Thanks Reimar