[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre5 compilation question
subscript at free.fr
Sun Sep 5 16:57:21 CEST 2004
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:19:05 +0200 Torinthiel <torinthiel at megapolis.pl> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 03:39:17PM +0200, wwp wrote:
> > 2/ the Makefile looks for unexisting libavformat (I do create a symlink
> > libavformat/ in MPlayer's sources dir too, to point to the existing
> > sources dir in ffmpeg's sources). Since MPlayer comes w/ a version of
> > libavcodec, why not shipping libavformat? Or did ./configure (or I) do
> > something wrong?
> > With that changes, MPLayer 1.0pre5 compiles (and plays) well.
> > But did I miss something or did something wrong?
> Yes, you've missed something. BTW libavformat is not necessary to build.
> Quoting the documentation
> <quote>Move the libavcodec directory from the FFmpeg sources to the root of
> the MPlayer CVS tree. It should look like this: main/libavcodec
> Symlinking is not enough, you have to copy/move it!</quote>
> The same applies to libavformat. And it's not shipped because (I think,
> I'm not sure) it's less frequently used.
> > 3/ if I also rename MPlayer's libavcodec and create a symlink to points to
> > my ffmpegs's one (a bit more recent), I will have to fight a bit more,
> > since my ffmpeg version is compiled w/ faac support, so MPlayer will fail
> > linking, lacking of -lfaac. Adding -lfaac to the link command works fine.
> > But then I encounter problem w/ the version of liba52. I gave up :-) and
> > used libavcodec that came w/ MPlayer.
> See above. And if you copy libavcodec, not symlink it, it will use
> MPlayers' config.*, so no problems with faad support or whatever.
Right! I did miss that point in the doc, my bad. Just tried to copy the
liavcodec and libavformat source dirs from ffmpeg instead of symlinking and
got good results, too.
Many thanks for this clarification!
More information about the MPlayer-users