[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre5

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Sep 2 20:05:35 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 04:47:34PM +0200, g0tcha wrote:
> Tested it with mplayer -shuffle * mf://*.jpg -fps 0.1
>
> It still plays videos first then pics :-(

the mf:// only qualifies as one file, so it won't get shuffled!!
instead try this:

mplayer -loop 0 -shuffle *.avi *.mpg \
`ls *.jpg | sed 's@^@mf://@;s@$@ -fps 0.1@'` /dev/null

the final /dev/null is needed because of a bug where the last file
doesn't get shuffled (it always plays last).

another problem: i don't think the fps will work with only one image
displayed. :( maybe you can find some way to get each image to display
twice, e.g. making a symlink to each image such that you can match
both with the mf:// pattern.

rich