[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre5

g0tcha g0tcha at webmail.co.za
Thu Sep 2 16:18:04 CEST 2004

Hi

Well the command I used that works is

Mplayer * mf://* -fps 0.1 -shuffle

But the problem with the above command is as Giacomo says " it plays the
movies first then the jpegs " even if I have -shuffle enabled.

The other problem with this is the fact that I can't update what is
currently being played, like adding new clips or jpegs etc

If possible is there a way to tell mplayer what to do with jpg and jpeg
files in the config or something cause all that has to be done then is that
I can play mplayer with a -playlist command and everything is 100%

Currently if I have a list of jpg and avi in a playlist , mplayer plays the
playlist including the jpg's but the when it comes to the jpg's nothing is
shown, its either really quick or just doesn't know how to play it (hence
the mf://*)

Gicomo for scripting purposes, I am basically looking for a way to play a
collection of multimedia files in a directory randomly and continuously, I
would also need to change the files that are being played, new additions etc