[MPlayer-users] Playing DAB MP2 files

Paul Webster paul at spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 23:21:42 CEST 2004

First time user ... I have just been experimenting with trying to play some
audio files captured direct from DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast).

I used 1.0pre5 binaries on Windows (just using whatever was built into the
package) and it is unable to play the files - just reports "Exiting... <end
of file>" or sometimes (different files)

TiVo file format detected.
MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header.
Video: Cannot read properties.
No stream found.

Basically these are captured raw streams - so I guess that at least the
headers (or lack of) are confusing things.

I can provide sample files - but I expect that you would see the same issues
with files from:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/dabdigitalradio/

NOTE - these files work fine in Windows Media Player, WinAmp, mp3directcut,
CDEx etc - but I need to find a way to get them to work in Mplayer so that I
can use it on an Xbox.

Paul