[MPlayer-users] Strange problem with audio in 5.1 surround mode

Steven breakerfall at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 1 07:13:12 CEST 2004

Hallo

I recently decided to try and get my computer to output 5.1 surround and
I do have sound coming from all 5 speakers (in normal stereo mode),
however when I run the command

 >mplayer -channels 6 dvd://1

(Minority Report and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon tested in this case)
I _only_ hear the ambience and background music. I cannot hear the audio
stream containing the voices of the actors. Does anybody have any idea
how this could have happened? What's causing it? Mplayer or my sound setup?

I'm running the 2.6.7 kernel with the EMU10K1 ALSA driver compiled in.
I'm using a Creative Audigy Platinum. Does anyone know of this problem
or even have the same setup working fine? If it helps, a copy of my
/etc/asound.state file can be found here:
http://breaker.symclan.co.uk/breakerfall/asound.state

Any help appreciated.

Regards.