[MPlayer-users] Need help with building a movie out of jpegs with mencoder on windows xp

EdorFaus p5zna5z02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Sep 1 03:45:31 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 01:51, David R. Noriega david-at-comicastle.com
|mplayer-mailinglist| wrote:

> I ran the following command:
> C:\Program Files\mplayer>mencoder mf://test\*.jpg -mf
> w=640:h=480:fps=6:type=jpeg -ovc copy -o ccgda.avi -nosound

I ran the same command(well, basically) on my system, and it worked just fine
- but I'm on linux so it might be different on windows(though I don't see why
it would be). More likely the difference is in the build options.

> videocodec: framecopy (640x480 24bpp fourcc=47504a49)
> Writing AVI header...
> ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not
> writing vprp header.
>
> Writing AVI index...
> Fixing AVI header...
> ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not
> writing vprp header.

The blank line in the middle here is where it usually gives some information
while it is working. I'm not sure why it doesn't output anything, but
something clearly is wrong. Might be a missing libjpeg as suggested.

> I would like to know if the libjpeg is compiled into mencoder or do I
> need to get a dll or something for it work?

If it is available for use, then I believe libjpeg is compiled into mencoder.
If you want to check if it is available, then you can run this command:

mplayer -vc help

and you'll get a (long) list of available codecs. On my system, there are 181
lines(one codec per line), one of them this one:

ijpg        ijpg      working   Independent JPEG Group's codec  [libjpeg]

which tells me that libjpeg support is compiled in.
If the list gets too long for your screen, you can use this one to get one
screenful at a time:

mplayer -vc help | more

EdorFaus