[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Why only progressive output? and Interlace?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Oct 31 17:32:26 CET 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 03:02:01PM +0100, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 12:59 schrieb Xenio:
> > I have a lot of capture from tv/satellite with interlace frame and I
> > use to view it in a tv set (pal interlaced) with tv out
> >
> > But mplayer encode the frame as progressive loosing all the movement
> > frame to frame (due the interlace)
> >
> > and it's impossible to see sport events with de-interlaced video cos'
> > you got a blurry picture.
>
> Maybe Tvtime is worth a look.
> http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/

yes, the stuff tvtime does is what's needed to display it on a
monitor. but i think he wanted to send already-recorded interlaced
content back out to a tv. tvtime doesn't support playing back movie
files, just live tv, afaik. and really tvtime's 50/60 fps
deinterlacing isn't helpful if you're going to output to an interlaced
display. all you need is a player that can sync to the tv's refresh
(harder than it sounds...)

rich