[MPlayer-users] Problems playing with vdr streams.

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Wed Oct 27 18:13:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 08:54:42AM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> The problem is that network.c (that handles http streams) forces
> DEMUXER_TYPE_MPEG_PS in case of Content-type: video/mpeg.
> PS and TS demuxers are smart enough to correctly recognize
> mpeg files, so they can be autoprobed.
> The attached patch should solve your problems, at least in the case of TS.
> Please, let me know if it works.

With the patch TS streams play now.  But the effect is exactly as with PS
streams.  After about 2 minutes (when cache ratio is down) video starts
going slow/humbling and the error "too many video packets in the Buffer"
appears.

I just noticed an effect which might be interesting: When xine plays the
stream, audio slows down from time to time (about every 5..10 minutes for a
couple of seconds?). But after this it seems to resync again.

Seems to be some sort of A/V sync problem.

--
Please visit and sign and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --