[MPlayer-users] seek resolution

brucembeach at shaw.ca brucembeach at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 26 07:34:16 CEST 2004

   Hello Everybody

   I'm using a pipe in a small c program to communicate with
   MPlayer in slave mode to index segments and play them. (i.e.
   seek, sleep for a while pause, seek, ...) and it works
   surprisingly well. What I'm wondering about is the 1 second
   seek resolution. I've found on the mailing lists, problems
   with seeking specific frames but would it be difficult to
   decrease the seek time to 1/2 sec or even say 1/10 second if
   you didn't care about the exact frame alignment or is there
   something special about the 1 second time?

   Bruce