[MPlayer-users] Failed responses.....

Martes Wigglesworth martes.wigglesworth at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 25 22:49:28 CEST 2004

I am unfamiliar with needing more information than, "my tire is flat,
but I just bought the car, and the manual does not indicate how to fix a
bolt that is verified to be there according to step taken from the
manual, but is not. Can one of you cool mechanic guys assist in such a
problem?"

The hole point of the inquiry is to ask for information that I do not
have, so I am still mistified that not having the information to answer
the question that I am asking, is the reason that the answer is not
being handled by those who are in good knowledge of the problem.

like my .wmv problem.  I have not seen anything in my reading of the
man/html pages that indicate how to get .wmv video to work when the
codec is installed in the right place, and is being used to play video,
but does not, while providing audio from the same file.

All that I was asking for was a nice hint as to where to locate more
documentation.

If those who are in the know, won't let anyone else, then what is the
point of a mailing list?  I thought that the mailing list for mplayer
developers, that have buffer over-flow garbled messages to post, was
under the "devel" listing?

However, since I am too inexperienced to be inexperienced, I guess I am
just all wrong, about this.

If it is not too much trouble for you guys, would someone at least let
me know about the problem, or where to get help, like a list that will
actually assist the less experienced mplayer users?
--
Respectfully,

M.G.W.

System:
Asus M6N
Intel Dothan 1.7
512MB RAM
40GB HD
10/100/1000 NIC
Wireless b/g (not working yet)
BSD-5.2.1
GCC-3.3.5/3.3.3(until I replace indigenous gcc)
IFORT-for linux(Intell Fortran)
gfortran
python-2.3
Perl-5.6.1/5.8.5