[MPlayer-users] Commanding Heights audio track dropped?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Oct 24 14:42:46 CEST 2004

Hi,
> I can't seem to the life of me get mplayer 1.0pre5-3.3.3 to play the
> audio of http://www.pbs.org/media/commandingheights/ch_p03_01_qt_300.mov
> on Fedore Core 2.

Works for me. It's wdmc format, you need the binary quicktim codecs.

> I have downloaded the all-20040916 codecs package and have placed its
> contents in /usr/local/lib/win32. I ran through all the -ac options in

You will most probably have to compile again. MPlayer of course will not
compile in binary codecs support if you don't have any binary codecs on
you PC...
Use the --enable-qtx and --with-codecsdir options to make sure next
time...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger