[MPlayer-users] XVID over 2gb

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Sat Oct 23 02:23:12 CEST 2004

Ulrich Schweitzer wrote:

>On Friday 22 October 2004 03:35, MacNean C. Tyrrell wrote:
>

>>Ok so my last xvid file created with virtualdub was over 2 gb and
>>mplayer fails to play it on linux but plays fine on windows using
>>mplayer.
>>

>[...]
>

>>If i use the new mencoder
>>it segfaults at the AVI: ODML: Building odml index (2 wupder-
>>indexchunks) same place as mplayer.
>>

>Try rebuilding the index with
>mencoder file.avi -ovc copy -oac copy -forceidx -o newfile.avi
>
>Ulrich

I did this and it worked, but it does the same thing as the old
mencoder.  There is like artifacts in black screen and when i fast
forward or rewind, artifacts from the previous screen the i jumped from
are still there untill the whole screen gets refreshed, usually 3-7
seconds, not bad but very noticable when watching a movie and not
something i want to do, I have a train run by my house or the dogs
barking i rewind a lot of times.  Yes i've seen all my movies before but
i still like to watch them all the way through, so to me the mencoder
doesn't cut it, at least in this instance.