[MPlayer-users] XVID over 2gb

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Sat Oct 23 02:20:55 CEST 2004

Piszcz, Justin Michael wrote:

>You need to enable support for large files and your glibc must support
>it.
>
>./configure --help
>--enable-largefiles    enable support for files > 2 GBytes [disable]

I have a derivative of debian, so i just apt-get install mplayer before,
so I downloaded mplayer source and compiled it with the
enable-largefiles option.  The same thing happened.  Snipit from
playback mplayeroutput:
<Setting up and reading stuff>

PLaying /myth/video/Star_Wars-Empire_Strikes_Back.avi
AVI file format detected.
AVI: ODML: Building odml index (2superindexchucks)
Segmentation fault.

Same thing, if i run with the -idx flag it does:
<Setting up and reading stuff>

PLaying /myth/video/Star_Wars-Empire_Strikes_Back.avi
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO: [XVID] 720*480 ... (movie info)
Clip info:
 Software:VirtualDubMod 1.5

then it opens the audo decoder
video decoder

Starting playback...
Marker bit missing before vop_coded
[mpeg4 at 0x855x900]vop not coded
mpg123: can't rewind stream by 103 bits.
keeps running same type of thing for a bit and i hear like a screeching
noise then:
Exiting .. End of File

With A New Hope the file is only 1900 mb, and Empire is 2200, and A new
Hope plays fine with or without the -idx flag.