[MPlayer-users] Controlling audio filter from slave mode?

Remo Inverardi invi at your.toilet.ch
Wed Oct 20 16:58:19 CEST 2004

Hello.

I'm planing to use MPlayer for playing audio and video files on my car
multimedia system. The whole system is controlled using a touchscreen
and custom C++ software, so I need a way to control MPlayer using my own
code.

After playing around a bit, I discovered MPlayer's slave mode, which
satisfies almost all of my requirements (pause, seek, quit, etc). The
only exceptions is the audio equalizer: controlling it using the command
line ("mplayer -af equalizer=...") works great, but I was unable to find
a way to control the equalizer while MPlayer is running.

Is there a slave command that I missed? Is there a better way to control
the audio equalizer from my frontend? And if everything else fails: is
it possible to use MPlayer as a library (I used to play around with
libxine and loved it, but well, of *course* MPlayer's better <g>).

Thanks, Remo