[MPlayer-users] stopping a dumpstream after a specified amount of time

Hugo González Monteverde hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Tue Oct 19 08:09:30 CEST 2004

Yes, you can open MPlayer in a pipe and send it the "quit" command,
after sleeping. In Python, I'd do:

filep = popen("mplayer whatever",  "w") #pipe set to read your commands
sleep (number of seconds you want to capture)
filep.write("quit")
filep.flush()
filep.close()

Anyone suggest how to say this in SH???