[MPlayer-users] fast recompile

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Mon Oct 18 13:23:13 CEST 2004

Use ccache. I use it and make things really really fast. ccache caches your
compiled .o files in a separate directory and even if distclean deletes them
in mplayer's source directory, ccache replaces them when needed by the
compiler+linker. The only time the .o file will not be replaced it when it
needs to be compiled. In essence only new files get actually compiled(and
also get cached by ccache for subsequent use). I do it every 3 days after
getting latest CVS. This is how my mpmake.sh script looks like. It downloads
the latest CVS of ffmpeg and mplayer and does the job for me.

Last but not the least, use google to search for place where u can get
ccache.

VJ

##********************** Script starts
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co main
cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg

LOG="/tmp/log"
ERR="/tmp/err"

echo -e "Copying lavccodec to main...\c"
cp  -r ffmpeg/libavcodec main/
echo "Done!"
cd main
export CC='ccache gcc'
echo "******************************************************************"
ccache -s
echo "******************************************************************"
echo -e "Running configure...\c"
./configure --with-xvidlibdir=/usr/lib --with-xvidincdir=/usr/include 1>$LOG
2>$ERR
echo "Done!"
echo -e "Proceeding to build...\c"
make distclean 1>>$LOG 2>>$ERR ; make 1>>$LOG 2>>$ERR ;
echo "Done!"
ccache -s