[MPlayer-users] choosing an audio channel from a HD copy of a vob file

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Oct 15 14:12:28 CEST 2004

On Friday, 15 October 2004 at 12:19, Duane Evenson wrote:
> I copied a VOB file to hard disk using:
> mencoder dvd://1 -oac copy -ovc copy -o "To Kill A Mockingbird.vob"

No, you didn't. You created an AVI file with original video and audio
streams muxed. It doesn't matter what the file name is, it's still AVI.
What you probably meant was:
"mplayer dvd://1 -dumpfile "To Kill A Mockingbird.vob" -dumpstream

[...]
> As I understand it, the vob file contains all the audio channels

It's not a vob file. Check with "file To Kill A Mockingbird.vob".

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/