[MPlayer-users] Playlist problem

johan at appli.se johan at appli.se
Fri Oct 15 14:03:57 CEST 2004

I have a lot of songs at home, stored in .wma format. I want to play those
songs  on a linux computer at school. This is the command I ran, and it works
just fine:

(mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm -aofile /dev/fd/9 song.wma > /dev/null
2>&1) 9>&1 | (gogo /dev/stdin /dev/fd/9 -silent > /dev/null 2>&1) 9>&1 | ssh
username at computer.se 'mpg123 -'

But that way I have to execute that command for every song I want to play, so
I wanted to use a playlist instead. So I ran this command:

(mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm -aofile /dev/fd/9 -playlist songs.txt
-shuffle > /dev/null 2>&1) 9>&1 | (gogo /dev/stdin /dev/fd/9 -silent >
/dev/null 2>&1) 9>&1 | ssh username at computer.se 'mpg123 -'

This works fine for the first song that is played, but in the following songs
mplayer start to skip large parts of the songs. Does anyone have an idea how
to solve this problem?

-Johan