[MPlayer-users] playing dixv encoded files in windows

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Oct 12 05:27:54 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 06:29:14PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 04:28:31 -0400
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > > Yes.  The pullup/ivtc bug I reported is show-stopping for me.  I
> > > also
> >
> > can you point me to it? i apparently didn't see it...
>
> There's two parts:

> Subject: [Mplayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] MPlayer crash playing file made
> by Mencoder...
>
> You did reply to the above, although you might not have seen my
> reply to you...

> Subject: [MPlayer-users] Blah, blah, blah...
>
> Nobody replied to that one at all, despite sample video attached.

i just tested it and confirmed the crash. it's very strange. can you
do some further checking for me:

- does the file encoded with old mencoder cause new mplayer to crash?
- does the file encoded with new mencoder cause old mplayer to crash?

imo the problem is not pullup but something in mplayer/mencoder.
knowing which one would be helpful. i expect it might be related to an
interaction between bugs/bad design in mencoder and my changes to
muxer_avi.c...

rich