[MPlayer-users] playing dixv encoded files in windows

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Oct 9 00:49:25 CEST 2004

On Saturday, 09 October 2004 at 00:21, james rowlett wrote:
> Hi, I am using mplayer 1.0-pre4.

It's ancient. Update to latest CVS.

> And ffmpeg 0.4.9-pre1.

Use latest libavcodec from CVS.

> I have used mencoder to encode a movie using lavcopts divx.

I have no idea what you mean by "lavcopts divx", please post full command
line you used.

> The file does not play under windows though.
> Any ideas why this does not work?

Have you installed some mpeg4 codec under Windows? Like ffdshow, for
example.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/