[MPlayer-users] Any way to not to lose a-v sync when using -oac copy and -ovc copy?

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Oct 6 18:10:34 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:06:44AM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:06:41AM +0100, VJ wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     When I copy mepg file (to extract a part of it) using -oac copy an -ovc
> > copy, I lose a-v sync even though I use '-mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0'. Is
> > there a way to remove this problem?
> >
> Can you be more specific?
> I do copy mepg file but I don't have sync problems.

Ok, I did a better check. I don't have sync problems because usually
I use a script for the task and it does adjust things for me :-).

You don't need -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 at all. You need to specify
the correct output frame rate.
I guess you have problems with NTSC mpeg video (telecine stuff).
Add -ofps 30000/1001 to mencoder.

Giacomo