[MPlayer-users] Best de-interlace filter ( NOVIRUS )

Alexander Roalter roalter at in.tum.de
Wed Oct 6 02:06:34 CEST 2004

Speaking of interlacing...

Is there any way of overriding the mpeg decoder's setting in using the
progressive-option from a dvd. My problem is the following:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is, as is to be expected, stored in
progressive format on DVD, but the part from 45min until 1hrs 08 min (or
little more) is interlaced, which means I get all the defects when panning
movements occur. Now when I add the -vf phase=U option, this will go away
and is correct for all interlaces movies I own, but uses way to much CPU
for my taste (and comfort), since I'm quite under-powered with my AMD K3-400
processor, which will lead then into a dia show.

So I was wondering if there is a switch to tell the program (without any
computations based on the image) to act as if the progressive-flag in the
mpeg-stream had been set (always assuming there isn't a mastering error).

btw. Still no notice on my question about the DVD subtitles for the Star
Wars Trilogy -> just a reminder: the automatic subtitles (forced
subtitles) do not work, I always get "SPUasm error... something blah blah."

Thanks,
Alexander