[MPlayer-users] mencoder slow under Fedora core 2

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 5 16:25:40 CEST 2004

Hi,
    Has anyone seen this that mencoder seems to run quite slow under Fedora
core 2? Ysterday I carried out this test again. I downloaded latest CVS code
of mplayer, compiled it under KnoppMyth (2.4.22-chw kernel) and ran with
XviD encoding. First pass gave me 24-29 fps and second gave 9-11 fps. When I
compiled the same code of mplayer under FC2, I got first pass of 7-9fps on
same file. Xvid was also compiled on the same machine and installed from
tarball.
    I understand that there must be some difference in compiler options. Can
anyone suggest the compiler settings to get maximum performance(or atleast
same as that under KnoppMyth?)

Thanks in advance

VJ