[MPlayer-users] Targetting multiple output windows simultaneously

Karl Dane karl at rince.net
Fri Oct 1 14:55:48 CEST 2004

I would like to be able to have on instance of mplayer outputting to
several windows at once. Is this possible?

In particular, I have two instances of plugger in a browser that I'd
like to target at the same time. Ideally I would use the -wid switch to
specify a list of X11 window ID's, but this doesn't work. Does anyone
know a solution to this?

Alternatively, is it possible to have two instances of mplayer playing
the same video while guaranteeing that both instances remain
synchronised? (Obviously only one of these instances has to send audio
to the soundcard)

Thanks in advance,

Karl Dane