[MPlayer-users] vesa:vidix issue

Vincent Stehlé vincent.stehle at free.fr
Tue Nov 30 23:26:10 CET 2004

(I posted this message to mplayer-dev but got not that much feedback.
Maybe mplayer-users is the right list, after all. So this is a re-submit)

Hello, folks.

I try to use the vesa:vidix output of mplayer with a cle266 chipset, but
I have to admit that I encounter difficulties.

I compiled and tried various releases and snapshots of mplayer (last one
tried: MPlayer-20041128) with no success. They all complain they cannot
find a chip.

When I run the test of libdha, it returns PCI informations all zeroed.
So I tried to hack the code of unichrome_vid to force the detection.
Detection passes, but no result.

On the other hand, geexbox iso runs ok on my hardware (they use MPlayer
1.0pre5 with various patches, including cle266 vidix).

I thought this issue could be kernel related, as geexbox iso uses a
2.4.x kernel, and I am running 2.6.8.1-epia1. But when I ran geexbox
mplayer version under a chroot, it worked fine. So this is definitely a
user-space issue.

When I re-compile geexbox mplayer version (1.0pre5 + patches) with
./configure, the executable does not recognize the cle266. But when I
recompile it with their scripts and libs, and run it under chroot, it
works ok.

I could not find what makes it work, in the libraries they use and the
configure flags they use, as there are many, many.

Does someone have any clue ? Is -vo vesa:vidix with mplayer snapshot
working for anyone ?

Thanks for any reply !

Regards,

--