[MPlayer-users] creating dvd video

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Tue Nov 30 17:54:49 CET 2004

using something like the following (which i found in the mailing list
archives) to create dvd video:

-ovc lavc -lavcopts
codec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=6000:mbd=2:aspect=4/3:mbd=1:keyint=15

Will changing the vbitrate change the resulting file size / video
quality the same as it would for avi?  hehe...  I just want to make sure
I'm on the right track here...  What are reasonable values for vbitrate
with mpeg2video?  Also, can I use autoaspect here instead of aspect= and
expect it to work on a standalone DVD player?

Aaron