[MPlayer-users] encode2mpeg question

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 21:35:27 CET 2004

Hi people. I was just reading the documentation for encode2mpeg at it
suggests to post my questions in this forum.

So here it is....

 I have a dvd (9gb) ripped to my hard disk. It has all languages and
subtitles as well as special features and so on.
1- So, how do I transform it into a dvd5 so i can burn it into a DVDR
and watch it on my home dvd player (i am not interested in watching it
on the computer)
2- how do i select the subtitles i want and the audio i want? is there
a command that can list me which ones can i select?
3- the burning itself, all my movies are NTSC so what are command line
parameters. I am very confused about the myriad transofmation
parameters....so my best guess is:
encode2mpeg -a 2 -vbr dvd -mp2 mp2enc  -o dvd5

so far i am stuck as to what other parameters to use.

Thanks in advance.

Erick.