[MPlayer-users] How do I minimise the latency thru mplayer?

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 19:07:28 CET 2004

I'm using mplayer to capture frames from a TV capture card via v4l2
and displaying using -vo xv. (Manadrake Linux Epia M10000 board with
VIA CLE266 fully supported).

The audio is not going to go though mplayer and I want to get the lip
sync as good as possible. Its not bad with this command line, but the
delay is noticable.

  mplayer -tv driver=l4v2:input=2 tv://

What can I do to improve on what I'm testing with?

I'm happy to modify the code (at my own rick)  if that is the way to
get the latency lower then this starting point.

Barry