[MPlayer-users] Lirc Mplayer and WinTV Nova-T

raid517 raid517 at fairadsl.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 15:23:30 CET 2004

What does this mean?

Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
startupscripts.

I have reatltime clock support compiled into my kernel. How can I add
this option to my system startup scripts? Waht and where are these
scripts located?

Also I am trying to set up lirc support but I keep getting this error:

Input config file /home/raid517/.mplayer/input.conf parsed: 53 binds
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not open config file
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to read LIRC config file ~/.lircrc.
You will not be able to use your remote control

I found this page that explained how to set up mplayer lirc support for
my TV card:

http://staff.dstc.edu.au/croy/mythtv/

It mentions two files I need for my Tv card and for MythTv, which are:

http://staff.dstc.edu.au/croy/mythtv/lircd.conf

and

http://staff.dstc.edu.au/croy/mythtv/lircrc

It also says I need to:

" Make lircd take it's input from /dev/input/event0 by passing it
--device=/dev/input/event0"

However I am not trying to set up MythTV at this time. So where should I
put these files to stop Mplayer complaining about them? And also how do
I make a start up script that will pass the above above command to lirc?
I am really quite new to Linux, so I have no idea how to do this.

I have Lirc installed and running (I think) so it seems it is only these
small issues that are holding me back.

Lastly how do I enable antialiasing using vo=gl2? Currently Mplayer is
saying that antialiasing is switched off.

I am using Mplayer 1.0pre5-3.3.5 in Debian Sid unstable. I have an
athlon XP 3200 processor with 512MB of Ram.

All input is appreciated.

GJ