[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and bandwidth (stream bitrate)

Mohamad Al-Saqer msaqer at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 17 20:43:51 CET 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 16:57, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 November 2004 at 20:48, Mohamad Al-Saqer wrote:
> > Hi every one
> >
> > I have FC2 (i386) with mplayer-0.92.1-0.lvn.5.2
>
> MPlayer < 1.0pre5 is unsupported. Third-party binary packages are
> unsupported. I recommend you try latest CVS snapshot.
>
> R.

That if the problem is related only to the < 1.0pre5 versions. That is why I
supplied stream links for people to verify with whatever version they have.

The stream links apparently, as is shown in the mplayer output, provides
multiple bitrates depending on your connections. mplayer for some reason
pickes the lowest ones.

Thank you for the reply anyway.

Mohamad