[MPlayer-users] ER - recognize standard playlist

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Nov 16 19:08:01 CET 2004

Apparently there is some work to make a standardized "play list" that
various readers/writers can use to help organize files.  This seems like
a good idea: give the viewer (mplayer) the path to the root of a fs (CD,
camera memory chip, etc.) and it will find the play list and play the
specified files.  Kinda like a DVD menu, only generic enough to handle
more than just movies on DVD's.

The best link I have seen is
http://www.softarch.com/us/press/ostampv.htm  which links to a spec
http://www.osta.org/specs/pdf/MultiAudio110.pdf

Anyone know of anything else like this?  I figure if such a thing is
coming, I might as well put the playlist on my CD's now, cuz it is hard
to later ;)

Carl K