[MPlayer-users] Mplayer + Alsa1x + Surround5.1 on Live! 5.1 bug ?

Razer Raz razer at nerim.net
Tue Nov 9 12:48:13 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm using the latest version of mplayer on a gentoo linux (kernel 2.6.7,
alsa of kernel). The hardware (used for a divx/dvd/audio station) is a
PIII 550 Mhz, chipset Via, 64 Mo ram, nvidia Geforce4MX (xv video
output), and a SB Live 5.1. I'm using the
5.1 outputs of this card (6 channels output, not spdif).
It works fine for all movies with audio in 2 channels, but with an AC3
movie (soundcard set to "surround5.1"), mplayer is VERY slow. I've tried
a lot of things with mplayer, like "hardframedroping", "autosync" and so
on.
So I think it'll be a problem with mplayer, alsa1x (and my soundcard ?)
: xine, normaly less faster than mplayer, play normaly movies with AC3,
with a small frame dropping.
There is no particular info with mplayer -v, just "Your hardware is too
slow to play this".
Also gmplayer (gui) is very slow when using ao=alsa1x, and works normaly
with oss emulation (but no surround possible)...

Thanks for yout support

Regards