[MPlayer-users] Mencoder -> Theora ?

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Sun Nov 7 14:21:36 CET 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 12:32, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

> In the audio world, the WAV is the non compressed format. In the video
> world what is the equivalent ?

Actually pcm is the format of uncompressed audio. It is often saved in a
file with the suffix .wav but there are several other formats that use
this suffix. Most common is microsoft wav which is basically pcm with a
few additional headers but there are also some (now rarely used)
compressed formats.
The video equivalent to pcm would be yuv, but I think there is also a
format for uncompressed rgb. I've never seen this used, though.

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown