[MPlayer-users] Feeling like a newbie

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 19:49:13 CET 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 17:22, Robert Bateman wrote:

> So I enter 'rpm -Uvh lame-3.96-1.i386.rpm lame-libs-3.96-1.i386.rpm'
> thinking it will install the lame pieces onto my system.  This time I
> get
>
> warning: lame-3.96-1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 75aa026a
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         lame-libs = 3.96 is needed by lame-3.96-1

Sounds like whoever built the packages made a mistake. If the rpms come
from a respectable source (of course you should never install ones that
don't), I suggest you notify them of the problem. They will probably fix
it. If you can't wait, add --nodeps to the rpm command line. The rpms
will be installed and will probably work.

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown