[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] Crash when REAL used with any -aop options

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Nov 1 16:56:05 CET 2004

Hi,
> What's the point of -softvol-normal values above 100? With 200, it seems
> to start at the current volume level, only droping to half volume when
> you first hit 0/9. Bug?

Not really. The volume filter is only inserted when you actually try to
change the volume. -softvol will only enable you to use software volume
control, it won't put it on automatically. The point of allowing these
values is giving you more fine-grained control... If it really make
sense is a different point ;-)

> Why isn't 50 the default?  Seems a much more sane value to me, and makes
> it work exactly like "-aop list=volume" does.

I chose 90 because that fits perfectly for practically all movies I have
lying around (no DVDs). With 50, if I turn the volume up fully, I will
get very heavy artifacts because the volume is too high.

> I'm curious about the ^M at the end of each line.

Where? In my first patch? That could be, had to use Outlook to send it
:-(.

> > The attached version works for me, but I still don't have the manpage
> > part... Anyone volunteering to do that?
>
> Why not.  See attached.

Didn't yet have a look at it, but thanks.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger