[MPlayer-users] configure problem before compiling

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Sun May 30 21:55:11 CEST 2004

My compile keeps failing when it goes to build a52 support. This wouldn't
bother me so much, because I don't really need a52. But configure won't let
me disable it! If I run:

./configure --disable-liba52

I get an error when configure hits that part of the script:

Checking for liba52 support ... ./configure: line 4645: _def_liba52#undef
USE_LIBA52: command not found
no

The the compile dies with:

mplayer.o(.data+0x2498): undefined reference to `a52_drc_level'

This happens both with the CVS version and 1.0pre4. I am running Slackware
current on this box. Everything else seems to get through the ./configure
phase just fine. Any help will be much appreciated.