[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: around 1 string every 40 strings missing in subtitles.

Denis-Carl Robidoux pourrielno at spamdeniscarl.com
Sat May 29 06:21:29 CEST 2004

Bug Report: around 1 string every 40 strings missing in subtitles.

As I like to read what I hear while watching a movie I often enable the
subtitles and when I watch it with MPlayer I notice from time to time
some missing subtitles, phrases were missing. So just before typing this
bug report  I tried the same movie with Ogle to be sure that the problem
doesn't come from the dvd disc itself but THE MISSING SUBTITLE STRINGS
WERE SHOWING OK WITH OGLE, confirming to me that the problem seems to be
a bug with MPlayer.

MPlayer version: MPlayer-1.0pre4
CPU: P4 2Ghz
Ram: 1.0 Gig
Video Card: GeForce3
OS: Mandrake Linux 9.2
Font: Arial14 iso-8859-1 (~/.mplayer/font), comes from MPlayer HQ.
Detail: No other heavy-CPU load task running while watching movie.

Here is an example of something that display on screen (mangling with
the normal text output) just about 1 sec before a missing string:
"SPUasm: invalid frag len / len2: 33 / 0"

Movies: Canadian released: Die Another Day (James Bond) (english
subtitles, sid 0) and Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (french tracks
only, french subtitles only, sid 0).