[MPlayer-users] last few seconds truncated (codec msgsmacm)

Lorens Kockum mplayer at tagged.lorens.org
Fri May 28 18:40:25 CEST 2004

Hi everone,

Using the mplayer furnished by the current Debian Sarge (that
they call 1.0pre2-3.3.2), playing the wmv that I have put up at

	http://www.lorens.org/countdown.wmv

as well as in the incoming section of ftp://mplayerhq.hu, the
last few seconds (the "one" of the countdown) are cut off,
even though mplayer says "Exiting... (End of file)". More
specifically, with -v it says (^M being ASCII 13):

 17.4  0.3% 0%   ^Mds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
A:        17.5  0.3% 0%   ^MEOF code: 1

A friend with Winamp confirms that WinAmp plays it all. The wmv
is generated by a commercial windows-based voicemail system,
which accounts for the Win32/ACM MS-GSM codec.

I think that this is purely a decoding problem, but if you think
it would be useful I'll take the time to gather in all the
system information asked for in section B.4 of the docs, run a
gdb session, generate a longer or a shorter file, whatever.

Hoping to make mplayer better,

Lorens Kockum <mplayer at tagged.lorens.org>

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum