[MPlayer-users] vbitrate option doesn't affect filesize

Jaap Struyk japie at deserver.nl
Thu May 27 18:32:15 CEST 2004

Op wo 26-05-2004, om 08:00 schreef Jack:

> If setting a lower bitrate shrinks the file

I yust did a test comparing pre3 and pre4, if I set the vbitrate in pre3
to 300, average is about 300, if I set it to 1500, it's up to 900, so
that proves your right about mencoder using the max that's possible
without wasting bits. (altough personaly find it to the choise of the
user to waste bits ;-)
If I do the same test with pre4 it's always up to 900 whatever vbitrate
I choose, also when choosing 300...
--
Groetjes Japie