[MPlayer-users] mencoder: ODML: Starting new RIFF chunk at 1023MiB -> Brocken AVI as result

Christopher Scheuring chris at anke-und-chris.de
Wed May 26 20:34:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

i have following problem with mencoder version 1.0preX (Precompiled;
either the Debian-Packegs from marillat or the official RPMs from
mplayerhq.hu -> I couldn't compile the mencoder because of
lame-deps-errors... try to fix this in the next days.):

While converting a MPEG (DVD, vob, MPEG2-PS/TS) to DivX or Xxid
everything goes OK if the the resulting filesize is less 1023MiB.
(Storing files > 1023MiB from other applications makes no problem!).

The thing is, that I got following message from mencoder will encoding
files > 1023MiB: ODML: Starting new RIFF chunk at 1023MiB...
After this message I get many errors whith skipping frames etc. The
result AVI is OK until the 1023MiB-position. After that point i got
seek-errors (couldn't seek behind this position) and the displayed
total-time of the AVI is wrong. (e.x.: converted 2h MPEG at 1400 bits.
The size of the AVI is about 1,4MiB. The displayed totaltime about
1h34... seeking behind 1h34 does'nt works.)

Fixing the avi-index doesn't changes the result. Opening the avi in Xine
or avidemux fails...

I'm using mencoder on a athlon 1800+, 512MB whith Linux 2.6.5 or 2.6.6
(Debian Unstable). The thing is, that whith an older version on the same
system everything was OK. But unfortunatly I don't remember what Version
it was ;((( Sorry...

I hope, that i didn't post this twice but i couldn't found any infos by
seeking the mplayer-mailinglist.

Greetings, Chris