[MPlayer-users] what version of libmpeg2 should I use?

Daniel Sadoc Menasche sadoc at land.ufrj.br
Sun May 23 23:57:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've been using mplayer for a long time, because in my opinion it's the
best and more robust movie player available.

Please, I would like to know why is mplayer still being distributed with
libmpeg 2 version 0.3* and not 0.4*.

I've applied to mplayer the patches proposed at

http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~maxi/html/mplayer-dev-eng/2004-01/msg00457.html

and also

http://kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz/~makovick/libmpeg2_changes.tgz

Mplayer seems to become more robust with these fixes.

So, I would like to know what are the disadvantages of using the new
version of libmpeg2, in order to decide if I use it or not.

Regards,
Daniel Sadoc