[MPlayer-users] Cannot add mplayer to the file associations in FC2

Orcan Ogetbil oogetbil at phys.psu.edu
Thu May 20 03:23:04 CEST 2004

I don't know if this is an issue about mplayer or not.
when I try to open a movie in FC2 it works alright. but I can't
associate mplayer with movie files so I have to type "gmplayer
<filename>" everytime I open a file.

Very weird problem, xine can be added to file associations but mplayer
is not. I'd like to use mplayer because it is my favorite player.

The problem is, when I go to file associations in konqueror and, for
example, associate avi files with gmplayer, it adds it to the list on
top. Then I double click an avi file and the second choice in the file
association list (which is xine) opens the chosen file. I reopen the
file association list and Mplayer is not there?!? I checked the
profilerc file of kde. the entry is there. but is not showing up in the
list.

Is this a problem with konqueror. Does anybody else have this problem in
Fedora Core 2?
--
Orcan Ogetbil <oogetbil at phys.psu.edu>
Physics Department