[MPlayer-users] w32 gui - switch to fullscreen?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue May 18 21:23:50 CEST 2004

> Hello,
>
> For friends with Windows, I want a GUI win32 media player that would
> *work*. MPlayer/win32 is great but the UI is rather cryptic. So I turned
> to mplayer-windows-gui from
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/ .
>
> It works great. But I could not find a way to switch to full screen. Of
> course I can always maximize the window, but then the aspect ratio gets
> broken.
>
> Is there any way to have this win32 version of gui-mplayer to display
> video on the full screen? If not, is there any other way, short of
> teaching them the key combinations to manage the "usual" mplayer?

Well this gui is just a test app. It looks nice  - nothing more.
I lost the interest to work on it. If you feel skilled enough or know
someone who is interested
feel free to continue the work or to start from scratch.
After all I prefer mplayers commandline interface.
The most important keys are listed in the docs.
I don't think it is difficult to remember the arrow keys for seeking,
f for fullscreen, space for pause and maybe o for onscreen display.

Sascha