[MPlayer-users] Re: compilation problems with 1.0pre4 on PII machine

Curtis Magyar cumagyar at mts.net
Sun May 16 06:55:28 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 21:47 +0000, adland wrote:
> > This sounds as if my Pentium II processor does not know that one, right?
>
> AFAIK it should not do this compile.
>
> The Pentium III processor, introduced in 1999, was the first processor with the
>  SSE instruction set extension.
> The Pentium 4 processor introduced the SSE2 instruction set extensions in 2000.
> sse2 include instructions: punpcklqdq
> this explains the undef for SSE and SSE2 .

Maybe this is the head/tail nastiness again?  It used to cause me
problems like this (especially in cpu detection) until my distro
(gentoo) patched coreutils to re-enable the old syntax.  Or was that
patch discussed in mplayer-dev to test head/tail syntax for configure
merged in time for pre4?

One way to check would be to run the configure script, and watch near
the beginning for errors from head/tail.

Just a thought.

--
Curtis